Joseph's Vision

"I want to see the Labour Party not only transformed internally but rather taking in its stride the leading role to transform the country’s agenda into a more progressive one. I want to see the Labour Party at the forefront of proposing and advocating the environmental reforms and social changes that are overdue under this conservative rule."


Wednesday 26 March 2008

Why do it?

Why start a blog to support Joseph Muscat's bid to lead the Labour Party? Well, there are a few reasons. First and foremost, I am - and always have been - a social democrat. But, I have also rarely - if ever - been happy with the way the Labour Party has thought and acted over the years.

In Joseph I finally see someone who can lead the Labour Party out of the shadow of its past and commit it to a truly modern social democratic vision. That, to me means that people have all the opportunity to succeed and fulfil their potential and are rewarded on merit while at the same time ensuring dignity for all human beings - and when I say all I mean all, regardles of age, race, religion, gender, sexuality etc!

I stand to be proved wrong but I think this is a great opportunity for Maltese politics in general to move forward - to be more mature, inclusive and tolerant. More importantly it gives those of us who have always believed in modern progressive politics the opportunity to finally fing a home in the Malta Labour Party.

No comments: