Joseph's Vision

"I want to see the Labour Party not only transformed internally but rather taking in its stride the leading role to transform the country’s agenda into a more progressive one. I want to see the Labour Party at the forefront of proposing and advocating the environmental reforms and social changes that are overdue under this conservative rule."


Tuesday 22 April 2008

MLP Leadership Contest - Michael Falzon on Facebook

One thing to mention from before I went away was a quick Facebook exchange with Michael Falzon on the very sensitive issue of abortion. Obviously the political consensus in Malta is pro-life and I’ve got nothing against that.

I do worry that the tone with which abortion is discussed could use a little more compassion for women who choose to abort. It seems to me that male dominated Maltese politics doesn’t do enough to help women who for the most part are put into extremely difficult situations by men! Anyway, I’m still waiting for a response on the last point.

That said, I’m sure none of the other candidates would be brave enough to really get stuck in to this type of discussion at the moment.

No comments: